It isn't too hard to start making your life easier, really. The important thing is to always, always remember that how you respond to things sets an emotional tone for yourself, regardles of what's happening. Simply put, it isn't what happens to us in life that's important, it's how we respond to it.
For instance, if my car breaks down while I'm trying get to an important meeting, I do have a choice as to how I react to it. I can fume and curse and yell and cry, or I can tell myself to remain calm, call AAA, if I have it, or call anyone I know who will come to my asistance, or call a tow truck company to take that little peace of unreliable junk to the repair shop. But Idon't have to let it ruin my whole day, and I sure don't have to keep thinking about it for days to come. The trick here is to control my emotions, and by doing that I control my mood, and my attitude for the day.
Practice this, it comes a lot more easily than you might think, the next time something happens that's upsetting or frustrating. Don't let it make your whole day unhappy. Do the best you can to handle it, keep your emotions steady, and you'll be very surprised at the result. At least, you'll be surprised if you've reacted in a very negative way to these little stumbling blocks in life previously.
It makes all the difference in the world, and improves our lives immensely if we just don't allow ourselves to be upset about minor events. Or even big events. But start with the minor ones, and prove to yourself that you can choose how your day is going, by choosing your emotional reactions to things that happen.
You'll like this change.
No comments:
Post a Comment