Ok, now we're avoiding the negative people in our lives as much as possible, and figuring out what we can do to change any situation that isn't creating anything positive in our lives, whether it's a job, relationship, or whatever, so it's time to do even more to create the life we were meant to be living. Meaning a life that is filled with a lot more joy than negativity.
Perhaps what works for me will work for you, so here's what I do. Whenever I feel down, (and the important thing is to always pay attention to what you're feeling because that's the real guide to what's going on in our lives), I've begun a habit that works to pull me out of it in a very short time. No kidding, it works, and it's as simple as 1,2,3. I just start telling myself, over and over again, for a short time, that "it's a great day, and I'm happy".
I will testify to that, to anyone, anywhere, anytime. It works. Somehow, just keeping that thought in my head for a minute or so, sometimes even a shorter time, lifts my mood.
It's as if I'm commanding myself to feel better than I did just a minute ago, and it is really effective.
Maybe it's just a matter of thinking about something else for a while, and my attention shifts from the thoughts that were depressing or upsetting, I don't know, but it is a very effective way to bring your mood up, and make the day a lot happier.
Don't forget, worrying about things, or focusing on upsetting things never changes them, it just upsets you. So, leaving those thoughts behind and starting a whole new thinking process will help your mood, and that means, help you.
Try it. You've got nothing to lose, and a lot of better days to gain.
No comments:
Post a Comment